The holidays are a wonderful time of year to celebrate with family and friends. This is the season for making memories and spending time with loved ones. For many people, this is also the time of year for late night packing and long road trips. Follow these simple tips for traveling to keep your family safe from the dangers of holiday traffic.
- Inspect your vehicle before leaving. Check the lights, brakes fluid, battery, oil and tires.
- If possible, avoid driving during peak traffic hours like rush hour on week days. Not only will you avoid the frustration of sitting through miles of stop-and-go traffic, you will cut back on travel time and enjoy safer driving conditions.
- If you start to feel tired, pull over or stop at a rest area as soon as possible.
- Take turns with other drivers in the car. Alternating drivers will help keep everyone more alert.
- Take breaks every two hours. Walking around during breaks helps keep the blood flowing and leaves you feeling refreshed and more awake.
- The first thing everyone should do when they get in the car is buckle up. Your seat belt can save your life.
- Don’t text or call while driving. Pull over if you need to use the phone, or have someone else in the car make the call.
- Keep your speed down. It’s easy to rush during long road trips, but following the speed limit will keep everyone safe.
- Don’t drink and drive.
We hope that you choose to make safe decisions this holiday season. Unfortunately, not everyone takes the necessary precautions to ensure safe driving. If you or someone you know is injured in an auto accident contact Bain and Rodzik to find a premiere auto accident attorney in Wilmington NC. For more information about our practice or to learn what to do in case of an auto accident, call us at 910-762-1199 or visit our website at www.bainandrodzik.com.Tags: auto accident attorney in Shallote NC, motorcycle accident attorney in Shallote NC, personal injury attorney in Wilmington NC, personal injury lawyer in Wilmington NC